Look After Your Cross Swords
Cross Sword have been manufactured by careful processes to bring you the high quality finish that you desire. Some of the styles are manufactured from high grade materials such as leathers which will benefit from the following recommendations.
- Our shoes are manufactured from high quality materials but will sometimes need a period of adjustment known as the breaking in time. Some of the softer leathers will mean a shorter period of adjustment compared to some of the thicker leathers.
- The heel of your shoe will need to be monitored as the Top Lift (heel tip) will eventually wear down through constant use. Replacements can be purchased through the Cross Sword website and can be installed at any Cobblers.
- The main heel can be cleaned with a damp cloth to remove any stains or articles of dirt. Dry the heel immediately afterwards being careful not to get any liquid on the upper material.
- We would advise against the application of polish or shoe cream on Hi-Shine and Patent finished shoes. These finishes can be cleaned by wiping with a damp cloth.
- Always use a shoe horn when putting on the shoes to maintain the back shape.
- On the first few occasions wear your shoes in dry conditions as new soles can become slippery on wet surfaces.
- In the unfortunate event that your shoes become wet you should dry them using indirect heat. Direct heat such as leaving them near a fire can damage the materials.
- Care and attention of your shoes by using creams and polishes will lengthen the lifespan of your footwear. Ensure that the surface of your footwear is clean before you apply the creams or polish to prevent stains being permanently embedded.
- For suede leathers remove any dirt when dry and brush up the nap using a suede brush.
If you have a specific care question that has not been answered in the above text. Please feel free to contact us with your enquiry and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.